About the Journal
- The Revista de Artes Marciales Asiáticas (RAMA) is a biyearly journal attached to the Department of Physical Education and Sport, University of León (Spain). The main aim of the journal is the spreading of studies on martial arts and combat sports, enabling a better understanding of their diverse manifestations.
- RAMA publishes, from a multidisciplinary perspective, scholarly articles and media reviews related to martial arts and combat sports.
- RAMA is a multilingual (English, Portuguese, Spanish) open-access digital e-journal. All contents are available in full text as soon as they are published.
- RAMA is indexed in Academic Search Complete, Academic Search Premier, CIRC, CiteFactor, DIALNET, DOAJ, Dulcinea, Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science), ERIH PLUS, Fuente Académica, Index Copernicus International, Latindex (directory and catalogue), MIAR, REDIB, Scopus, SportDiscus with full text and Ulrich's.
- RAMA has a certified editorial system in accordance with the sixth call for evaluation of the editorial and scientific quality of Spanish scientific journals of the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT). Reference: FECYT-392/2021, valid until 07/22/2022.
- Visit our Google Scholar profile or join us in Academia.
“Boxers at Rest” (2022), by Alexandra Green, depicts the moments of rest between practice of martial art. She was inspired to create this piece from childhood memories of practicing martial arts and boxing with her father. By depicting faceless figures, she hopes that the viewer can see themselves in them outside of culturally identifying markers.