A Research on the Copies and the Author of the Philippine-Published Chinese Incunabula: Symbol of Faith
Keywords:Philippine, Chinese Incunabula, Gewu Qiongli Bianlan, Symbol of Faith, Thomas Mayor.
AbstractThe Spanish Dominican Thomas Mayor published his Symbol of Faith in Chinese Language (Gewu Qiongli Bianlan) in 1607 Philippines. This article studies its present copies conserved in different libraries around the world indicated in earlier reports. It will also try to bring forward some new points of view about several debatable questions on the biography and the publications of this Spanish Dominican author through a thorough study of the archives about him dating up to the beginning of the seventeenth century, as well as all the discovered Philippine-published Chinese Incunabula in the present.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Xiao Yin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Sinología Hispánica. China Studies Review considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that:
- The authors assign the exploitation rights (reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation) of the work accepted for publication to the University of León on a non-exclusive basis. Authors can establish, on their own, additional agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (for example, placing it in an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), always acknowledging the initial publication. in this magazine.
- The manuscript is your own original work and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work.
- The manuscript is not currently under consideration or peer review, nor accepted for publication, nor in press, nor published elsewhere.
- The manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal.
- Please note that Sinologia Hispanica uses Turnitin software to screen manuscripts for unoriginal material. By submitting your manuscript to Sinologia Hispanica you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your manuscript may have to undergo during the peer-review and production processes. Any author who fails to adhere to the above conditions will be rejected.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to electronically disseminate the pre-printed versions (version before being evaluated) and / or post-printing (version evaluated and accepted for publication) of their works before publication, since it favors their circulation and dissemination more early and with it, a possible increase in its citation and reach among the academic community.
Sinologia Hispanica is under an international license Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0. You can read more about this license in an informative version and legal text.